UPDATED Jan. 17, 2012
I guess I need a better list.
The past few years, I have started January with a list of fun pop-culturey things to do in the following 12 months. The list can range from eating a one-pound hamburger to watching four movies in a theatre in one day (both of which I proudly accomplished).
Last year, though, saw the completion of only 60 percent of my list:
1. Watch all the episodes of Seinfeld, in order
2. Listen to all the Beatles albums
3. Watch the Twilight movies
4. Read Great Expectations (or A Tale of Two Cities)
5. Record an album
I successfully finished the first three (loving the Seinfeld and Beatles moments, not so much the sparkly vampires), but I came up short on the final two. I really have no excuses other than I read a bunch of other books in 2011 and have no real musical talent.
So there’s that.
I’m still working on it, but for now I have the following on my official Things to Do in 2012 List:
1. Listen to all the Pink Floyd albums
2. Rewatch the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Godfather movies
3. OK, since writing an album didn’t work, I’m going to aim for writing and recording a song. One single song.
4. I’m still debating which food-type challenge to select.
5. Delete some numbers from my phone’s contact list.
6. Watch My So-Called Life
7. Watch the Dirty Harry movies
As always, your thoughts and suggestions are encouraged for the list. Leave your ideas in the comments section.